Search This Blog

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Other Ways to Birth--Conjoined Twins: A Lesson in Culture

Chang and Eng Bunker were born vaginally and at home

I know you are not going to want to hear this ladies, but I am going to advocate for Midwifes on this one--and no you don't have to have a medwife! A Direct Entry Midwife or a CPM will do just fine. The main reason is because you will need someone there to manipulate your vagina and everyone knows we can't really do that ourselves.

But lets start at the beginning, shall we?

NATURE is all knowing--but she is not always kind. If you find yourself , for whatever reason, carrying conjoined twins, just know that NATURE has a plan and a place for you and your little genetic mutations!

Depending on the position of the babies and the exact location of there conjoinment, a c-section is not always necessary. And lets be honest--would we all not prefer to come out of a lovely yoni instead of having our safe space violated by a knife and some latex gloves?
In another example for 1493, we see a set of twins who were also born vaginally and at home. can you imagine the width of these twins mother's yoni! She must have been an exceptional woman!


Conjoined twins were being spat forth from yonis as early as 1492
Simply because NATURE has destined you two children to be attached for life does not mean that you can't have the beautiful and NATURAL birth experience you want! One would think that with conjoined twins it would be all down hill from that point anyway.

16 comments:

  1. Inconceivable! How empowering! I didn't know this could be done the normal way. Now I know better! I wonder how much more, ummmm, "intense" the birthing experience is with these freaks of nature. And if it's more, ummmmmm, "intense," do you know of a way to ensure that one WILL have conjoined twins?

    ReplyDelete
  2. But surely a Life Partner with a little training could do the vaginal manipulation ?

    I really do not approve of this constant promotion of profit orientated mares, who interfere in what is a totally natural process requiring no outside intrusion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow truly amazing!!! Our bodies are made to do wonderfully awesome things!!! I would be so very proud of myself to birth a couple of babes like that at home!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful and inspiring and kudos earning birth story that would be.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful birth story that would make ! It truly is super fabulous what our bodies can do!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. great read! how cool would it be if you could combine cojioned with the babes having different birth dates too !

    ReplyDelete
  7. What lovely advice! Thank you for sharing Mama Tao ! As ever a fountain of unrivaled wisdom.

    ReplyDelete
  8. There is no better birth educator that you Mama Tao, I seriously think you need to start an online course so others can follow your path of wisdom and all things nature in parenting !!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so glad i found your site, people keep telling me that I am too high risk for HB, but you calm me and help me see they are playing the "baby with medical issues" card just to scare me into the forcepts of the docmonsters and medwives.

    Thank you, you have probably just saved me from a birth rape !!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hallowed be my VaginaMarch 24, 2011 at 1:36 PM

    Well I am sure my vagina is far wider than any of the above's, so I would SO HB cojoined twins. Or even cojoined triplets.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, I so want conjoined twins just to rub it in the face of the "mainstream" parents and doctors who say a UC water birth of conjoined twins isn't possile. I bet I could UC conjoined triplets or quads! That would be so awesome and inspiring.

    I'm so glad that I am one of the lucky few women that are truly educated on the truth about birthing.

    Womb Fun Fact: If you can grow it naturally, you can birth it NATURALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh I would just love to have a go at doing that !

    ReplyDelete
  13. @Us!! Please, if you ever get the chance, do give Mama Tao first rights to your story!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Furry Squirrel MommaMarch 25, 2011 at 5:59 AM

    Just another nail in coffin in showing that OBs just use the "big baby" card as another reason to cut us up. What a great story!

    ReplyDelete
  15. A pox on both houses of the OB for the falsehood of the "big baby"! I say "houses" because I have no doubt that most of them have two. And I'm sure at least one is on a golf course.

    (((((((((((pox))))))))))))))

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yoni-holders, please: a little warmed olive oil and preBirth perineal massage will enable this HomeBirthing opportunity.

    ReplyDelete