Search This Blog

Friday, January 18, 2013

Empowring UBA2C


First I would like to thank Mama Tao for giving me a place to tell my story.  It is my hope to inspire women to know that their bodies aren't broken and all you have to do is believe for miraculous things to happen.
My Name is Mimi RaRa and my story starts almost 4 years ago when I fell pregnant with my first child.  It is now hard to look back at that time with any joy knowing what I know now.  I chose OB care and hospital delivery.  I believe that I was forced into a C-Section.  They did everything all the real moms told me they would to scare me.  They told me at an ultrasound that my baby was suspected to be over 10lbs.  When I didn't go into labor at 41 weeks they said I needed to be induced to ensure the survival of my baby.  I didn't know it then but they were clearly trying to schedule my birth around their whims and PLAYING THE DEAD BABY CARD.  But I was just a sheeple and I allowed the induction.  Well after the cascade of interventions my baby went into distress and they took her by C-Section.  At the time I was overjoyed but now all I can look back and feel is frustration and anger.  Avalia Louise was born at 11lb 2oz with a 2x nuchal cord.  Those horror show physicians made me think they did me a great favor and saved the life of my daughter.  But really they are ones that endangered it in the first place.
I found I was pregnant with DD2 at my 6 week check-up.  I was happily railroaded into another section because they felt my pregnancies were too close together.  My little La Ja'na Tulip was 10lb 6oz.  At the time life was blissful, I had my 2 little girls and things just couldn't be better. 
Now that I was Mom to 2 babies I looked to the internet for some entertainment and socializizing.  And that is where I learned about the horror of birthrape that was forced upon myself.
I started reading and talking with any and everyone I could.  I got angrier and angrier.  How dare these "doctors" doubt my boby and my baby.  We as women are made to do this.  Our babies have an innate innteligence they do not grow too large, nor do they come before they are ready.  Like the fruit on the vine.  I knew what I needed to do.  I needed to have a healing natural birth.  I had to show myself and the world that a baby could pass from my vagina.  I learned through the culture of the group I was entering that a baby passing through my vagina was the only way I was ever going to be a real empowered mother and woman.  I didn't really want another child but how else was I going to heal?
I became pregnant quite quickly after my decision.  I was so thrilled at the thought of having my natural healing birth.  But as all my new friends told me the doctors told me that the safer option was RCS.  No matter how many google printoffs I showed them, no matter how many articles on Ina May I gave them they wouldn't budge.  I could not fail again.  So I left OB care and decided to UC my baby at home.  My vagina was going to open and a baby was going to come out of it.  It is what my body was made to do. 
The rest of my pregnancy was easy breezy.  Late one night I started to feel low slow rushes and I knew the time was near.  I swayed to the song of my cervix until the rushes were becoming hard to stand through.  So I grabbed my camera and got into the tub.  The moment was almost here!  I was going to get my stingray.  No more tiny vagina for me. 
                                            
There's my tub full of my home flora and fauna and germs.  No more taking risks getting something awful from a supposedly sterile hospital.
                                           

The rushes were getting almost unbearable.  But finally my water broke!  The time for my vagina to come into empowerment was here.                                         


I started to feel the urge to push.  So I pushed will all my might.  And well sometimes shit happens.  But it was natural so I just pushed on.
                                         
It was a grueling 6 hours of pushing, but I just knew that with every push my stingray was that much closer.  Then I could be a new real woman.                                         

Stingray born into water.  I named her Love Empowerment.  All natural.  Oh there was a baby there too another girl I called her Savia Vagania because she saved my life and gave me the vagina I always wanted.  This time life was indeed beatiful.   
Now I have one AH-MAZING Stingray for a vagina, one beautiful perfect little girl who gave her mother the best gift of all, a NUCBA2C, two other kids too.  I am so grateful to have been able to prove those doctors wrong and push a baby out of me.  Nothing can top that feeling. 

3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad that you succeeded in having a natural, healthy birth, but I've never heard of a "stingray." Can you please explain further. Did you ever get stitched up from tearing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. where did the stingray come from... why was there a stingray - I'm so confused.

    ReplyDelete