Search This Blog

Monday, March 28, 2011

A Tragic Loss

By Elderberry






For decades it has has been the sole voice railing against mainstream parenting magazines who promote unacceptable images of motherhood: deeply imperfect moms who leave their kids from time to time, spend money on non organic\AP baby gear, and care more about themselves than they do their kids, by birthing them in hospitals and stabbing them with poisonous vaccinations for the sake of a day out.

These magazines do NOT challenge their readers to consciously make educated parenting decisions by looking at risk factors and seeing which one they react to instinctively with fear, regardless of where the decimal point is.

Yes, a sad sad time for all of us moms who actually care about our children, and all things nature in parenting.

Inexplicably some readers have had a muted, almost indifferent response to the demise of a national treasure on the magazines website....(from the comments)


"I feel like a part of my own identity has been taken away from me….."

"This method of discontinuing the magazine is like divorcing a partner one has had for decades without even talking about it first!"

"Why would they do this to us\WHY?WHY?WHY?"

"...….the searing pain in my heart will not leave."

"I feel like an abandoned child!"


Other mothers, older, wiser, naturaler know that such a reserved response does not do the grief and pain justice.

Ladies, this is OUR

Chernobyl !!!

Let the misery commence !!!!


19 comments:

  1. intacta-lacta-no-vaxa-vistMarch 28, 2011 at 6:41 AM

    i have cried tears of blood, i feel like i lost parts of my crunchyness, mothering magazine is what defined me and my ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. down with the LIES
    !
    boo me if you want ladies, but i will be dancing around Mothering magazine's bonfire......

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Liz.....stop with the "logic" already! bew!

    ReplyDelete
  4. BRING THE HERETIC TO JUSTICE !!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't go on !!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is the end of the world as we know it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My mother dying was NOTHING compared to the pain of this cruel cruel loss.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The circle of life, it was born, and it has died.

    RIP old freind, RIP

    ((((((((((group hug))))))))))))

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am in black, and will be for the rest of my life !!!

    Why ?

    Why why ?

    Why why why ?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good, this means the daft hippy fashion is on the wane and the new era of "skeptic is cool" is upon us.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I want to die !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Far be it for me to judge, but I will offer that true Mamas didn't really ever need a magazine anyway. Mothering might have spoken to the masses of wanna-be's, but some of us already knew all that innately. Just sayin'

    ReplyDelete
  13. Maybe the replacement subscription will be Parents.

    LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMG OMG OMG

    I just heard the forums are the next to get the axe !

    ReplyDelete
  15. I haven't been able to pull myself out of bed to care for Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego. Someone please give me a reason to go on!!

    (((((((((((((MDC)))))))))))))))

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hush Bunnies, calm yourself, I will minister to your lady essence, so terribly wounded by this news, with my Reki style, healing, touchy therapy.

    Lie back, trust me, I'm still officially a doctor for the time being.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Nooooooo! Oh sweet Goddess - WHYYY?!!!!11??!

    What will I read on the bus so everyone knows I'm so brilliant and crunchy (in case my breastfeeding 1,2, 4, and 7 year olds don't tip them off.)

    What will I display on my coffee table? What will I stick nonchalantly cover-side up in the back window of my biodiesel? Where will I find great "i told you so" articles to stick to my fridge?

    I can't believe they are doing this to me!!!11!!!! They are so selfish!@!1!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I will be lighting a candle at 3:03am (because it kinda' looks like "mom" sideways) every morning until Mothering magazine comes back to save me from this dark hole of just being a mother without a magazine. All of you, my beloved sistren, should join me, or else you obviously hate motherhood!

    ReplyDelete